Monday, November 19, 2012

Kreator - Enemy Of God (2005)






  1.  Enemy Of God
  2. Impossible Brutality
  3. Suicide Terrorist
  4. World Anarchy
  5. Dystopia
  6. Voices Of The Dead
  7. Murder Fantasies
  8. When Death Takes Its Dominion
  9. One Evil Comes - A Million Follow
  10. Dying Race Apocalypse
  11. Under A Total Blackened Sky
  12. The Ancient Plague

Bishop: A friend bought me this album for my birthday... Christ knows how long ago now. I remember the first song I ever heard by Kreator was "Betrayer" from Extreme Aggression. I'd say by the time they got to Enemy Of God they were a lot more mature a band. Whether that's a better thing or not is down to opinion I guess.

Elliott: Two things you must know: first, I’m a thrash fanboy. I fucking love thrash. Second is “Pleasure To Kill” is one of my favourite thrash… no, favourite metal album ever. Every time I got into Kreator’s other albums I was disappointed, but I must say this album is kick ass! It reminds me of “Pleasure To Kill”, but more polished and with more melody.

Bishop: It's a brilliant album. There's more harmonic bits in it than the old stuff, which I think is what turns the "elitists" away.

Elliott: I really like the nice mix of heavy and melody. I don't know about the elitist thing, 90’s Kreator kind of did that and now they're seen as back. One thing, I kind of wish they didn't record “Pleasure To Kill”. This is a great album, but it took me so long to like it. I just kept comparing it to Pleasure, but fuck that album, I'll do it another day. Love the vocals on this.

Bishop: The vocals are strong as hell; they don't falter at any point. The production is crushing too, one hell of a heavy album. There are a lot of bands that get to that point I think and are burned out and not really angry any more, but it doesn't sound like they're phoning it in at all.

Elliott: I think doing what they did in the 90’s really energized them. Everyone said “Fuck Kreator” and they wanted to kick ass. Bands like slayer just sound like they repeat themselves. I mean, I like slayer, but still, they kind of sound like they're phoning it in

Bishop: Yeah, fair enough the 90's stuff wasn't to everyone's taste, but it probably kept the band alive. Slayer just sound like a poor version of how they used to be and I have no doubt Kreator would've turned out the same if they walked the same route.

Elliott: Yeah, so maybe its good they changed. What's your favourite song off this album?

Bishop: Honestly, I couldn't choose. Every single song is an absolute belter. I'd probably say "Suicide Terrorist" and "World Anarchy" are a bit thrash by numbers though, although by no means bad songs.

Elliott: And what's wrong with thrash by numbers? The first song really sets the tone. It builds up so nicely and goes apeshit. And great lyrics! Oh and I just want to say.....amazing drummer.


Bishop: Everything's just tight as hell, the playing is utterly faultless. If I remember the album after this just sounds like Enemy Of God Pt II as well.

Elliott: As luck would have it i just got “Hordes of Chaos”. It does and that's
actually a good thing! Check the new one out dude it's really good. The singer sounds pissed btw

Bishop: I can't think of a single criticism towards this album, I really can't.

Elliott: The problem is neither can I. Ah well, you're dumb. Haha.

Bishop: I'm dumb? You're the yank.

Elliott: And you're a cunt. Is it just me or does Kreator seem to flirt with death metal a lot on this album?

Bishop: Yeah, it's definitely got elements of death metal in there, luckily not too many.

Elliott: Wouldn't mind a few blasts and stuff. Honestly, great record. Good god, we agree on something!

Bishop: I can agree that we both do not dislike this record.

Elliott: I wish I could sing like this guy

Bishop: He has a good and unique voice like. Seriously, I'm sat trying to think of a single thing I don't like about this, but it's not happening.

Elliott: Me too dude. I mean once I got over the clean production it all sounds great! The drums, bass, guitar and vocals! It's a great new thrash album!!!! Why'd you pick an album that we both like? Can i just say that I love the lyrics to “Impossible Brutality?”


Bishop: No you can't.

Bishop: Well, I just did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a fuckin comment!

Contributors